Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Beginning of my Blogging Journey

HELLO EVERYONE!

First and foremost I would like to begin by welcoming you to my blog! I am not going to lie, I have had this blog for quite awhile and a lot of the time it has just sat empty, or I have written posts and then deleted them. I have so many ideas I would love to share but I really just do not know where to begin. It seems every time I sit down to write a post I develop a severe case of writer's block! It may be because there are SO many fabulous blogs out there and I am definitely intimidated by how wonderful they all are!

After doing some blog research I have come to the conclusion that you just write what you know! That seems easy peasy, I know early childhood :) My goal is to share my experiences and provide resourceful information, not just for those working within a classroom, but for homeschoolers, home child cares and anyone working within those early childhood years.

I have a background and diploma in both Early Childhood Education and Social Service Worker. I have been working in a Kindergarten classroom in Ontario, Canada for the past two years. Prior to that I still worked within the schools just in a different capacity; I was working as a Child and Youth Worker with all age groups assisting with academic help, behavior management and social skills.

Before working for the school board, I owned and operated a home child care for almost five years until my youngest baby started Senior Kindergarten.

I must admit having worked with children and youth right up to the age of eighteen, that my passion is the preschool/kindergarten years! I absolutely love working with this curious, inquisitive, and exciting age group.

I hope that you find this blog resourceful and fun and will continue on this journey with me!

With many thanks,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment